Peaches & 'Cream'9:50 PM
Peaches, with their soft skin and sweet flesh, are another summertime staple.
They provide a great deal of nutrients with few calories and no fat.
Peaches are just so indescribably irresistible to me.
The health benefits of peaches are vast.
Peaches are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant.
- A great source of Vitamin C which is excellent for skin care. You can directly use peaches for skin care such as dark circles and wrinkles.
- A rich source of beta carotene that improves eye vision health by increasing circulation of blood in all body parts.
- They contain high amounts of fiber and potassium that reduces kidney related diseases and lessens the risk of ulcers. They also prevent constipation because fiber is good for digestion.
- Regular intake of one large peach can help you lose weight because it contains only 68 calories with no fat!
- The antioxidant in peaches works as anti-inflammatory in the body.
- Last but not least, studies have found that lycopene and lutein in peaches helps to prevent macular degeneration and cancer & it also significantly decreases risk of heart disease.
Fear not: With this recipe you can eat to your heart's content and not feel an ounce of guilt! No, really.
Not only is this dessert delicious and low-fat, it is loaded with proteins, antioxidants and nutrients.
2 -3 peaches - halved & seed removed
Chopped, toasted pecans (leftover from my watermelon salad recipe)
Now you have a dilemma:
You can be a goody two-shoes, healthy nut and choose Greek Yogurt to pair with your grilled peaches.
Or you can be a little naughty and opt for the decadent option, Vanilla ice cream!
I'll leave the choice up to you.
Sprinkle with pecans & drizzle some honey over the top.
For real summer decadence, enjoy with a cold glass of champagne or your favorite white wine.