They provide a great deal of nutrients with few calories and no fat.
Peaches are just so indescribably irresistible to me.
The health benefits of peaches are vast.
Peaches are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant.
Major health benefits of peaches:
- A great source of Vitamin C which is excellent for skin care. You can directly use peaches for skin care such as dark circles and wrinkles.
- A rich source of beta carotene that improves eye vision health by increasing circulation of blood in all body parts.
- They contain high amounts of fiber and potassium that reduces kidney related diseases and lessens the risk of ulcers. They also prevent constipation because fiber is good for digestion.
- Regular intake of one large peach can help you lose weight because it contains only 68 calories with no fat!
- The antioxidant in peaches works as anti-inflammatory in the body.
- Last but not least, studies have found that lycopene and lutein in peaches helps to prevent macular degeneration and cancer & it also significantly decreases risk of heart disease.
Fear not: With this recipe you can eat to your heart's content and not feel an ounce of guilt! No, really.
Not only is this dessert delicious and low-fat, it is loaded with proteins, antioxidants and nutrients.
2 -3 peaches - halved & seed removed
Chopped, toasted pecans (leftover from my watermelon salad recipe)
Heat your grill or grill pan over medium-low heat & smear on some butter (sadly, I forgot to bring some down with me, doh!)
Place peach halves cut side down.
Let them grill low & slow for a few minutes.
Rotate them 90 degree half way through in order to get pretty grill marks.
Because I forgot the butter, mine didn't turn out as pretty -- the flesh got stuck to the grill :(
Now you have a dilemma:
You can be a goody two-shoes, healthy nut and choose Greek Yogurt to pair with your grilled peaches.
Or you can be a little naughty and opt for the decadent option, Vanilla ice cream!
I'll leave the choice up to you.
Whether you chose to be good or bad, remember to slice your grilled peaches into wedges.
Pop your choice of pudding onto a plate or bowl & top 'em with sliced peaches.
Sprinkle with pecans & drizzle some honey over the top.
For real summer decadence, enjoy with a cold glass of champagne or your favorite white wine.